Our client is a privately held company experiencing HYPER growth with disruptive technology in the Plant-based marketplace. Culture is fast-paced, collaborative and visionary. Be part of a tightknit team on the leading edge of healthy food concept break throughs!
Manage inventory costing and accounting and provide technical expertise and improvement in these areas.
work closely with the Controller and the Accounting team, as well as Product Commercialization, Purchasing and Supply Chain, and Manufacturing teams, including Co-manufacturing, in a high growth environment. partner with key team members to keep inventory costs flowing accurately and improve the overall processes related to inventory costing.
tight deadlines and a multitude of responsibilities including ongoing inventory item and system cost updates, monthly inventory counts and analysis, and related duties for month-end close and the year-end audit.
· Manages the company’s inventory costing function, including on-site manufacturing as well as an expanding co-manufacturing network.
· Manages inventory items and assembly builds, ensuring that ingredient, packaging, and recipe changes are incorporated accurately and timely, in coordination with production schedules. Familiarity with sub-assembly and assembly builds across multiple locations required.
· Coordinates with the Purchasing team and Marketing team for ingredient and packaging changes. Establishes new inventory items prior to purchase and reviews item receipts for accurate coding.
· Coordinates with the Co-manufacturing team to incorporate new conversion charges
· Coordinates with the Warehouse, Supply Chain, and Co-manufacturing teams for regular, accurate inventory counts and reconciliation.
· Produces accurate inventory costing with the ability to investigate errors in the costing process
· Provides cost estimating for new and existing products and participates in cost reduction initiatives. Ability to improve existing processes.
· Assists with product line margin analysis.
· Assists with financial updates to management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points related to inventory and costing.
· Assists with accurate and timely month-end close.
· Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field.
· 5+ years of progressive cost accounting experience. A strong emphasis is placed on knowledge of management, cost, and inventory accounting, including knowledge of various methodologies for costing.
· Manufacturing and consumer packaged goods industry experience required.
· Experience with NetSuite highly preferred.
· Familiarity with internal controls and audit background preferred.
· Excellent Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, skills.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Excellent salary earnings, comprehensive benefits and relocation assistance.