Title: Lead Maintenance Mechanic (2nd Shift)
Status: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Summary of Position:
Maintains repairs and replaces all types of production equipment, which includes mechanical, servo-mechanical, electric, pneumatic and electronic control systems. Maintains inventory of spare parts. Purchases spare parts as directed by the plant engineer. Dispatch maintenance team members to production equipment problems in the most efficient manner possible and assist in trouble-shooting, if necessary.
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Essential Job Duties:
- Understand all safety rules and procedures and follow them at all times.
- Maintain all processing equipment.
- Set up processing lines.
Utilize HVAC skills/background
Trouble-shoot as required.
- Maintain a high standard of preventative maintenance and any other task deemed reasonable and safe by the Company.
- Maintain all processing equipment
- Set-up processing lines and troubleshoot as required.
- Maintain a high standard of preventative maintenance and any other task deemed reasonable and safe by the company.
- Ability to stand and walk on concrete floor for prolonged periods
- Frequent bending, lifting and twisting for extended periods of time
- Can lift up to 50 lbs.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment when necessary (hair net, beard net, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- High school education or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of preventive maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting
- 3+ years’ experience working with HVAC, Electrical, Mechanical
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to read and troubleshoot electrical/pneumatic drawings
- Stick welding, TIG and MIG welding skills is a plus
- High pressure boiler license required
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule to include nights and weekends
- Forklift/truck experience and classroom certification
- PLC knowledge preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment effectively.