- Plan and coordinate training and professional development programs for the food and beverage staff.
- Greet members & guests and oversee dining & banquet service.
- Help develop wine lists and bottle/glass wine sales promotion programs.
- Consult daily with the Executive Chef, Events Coordinator, Dining Room Supervisors and other club administrators to assure the highest level of member satisfaction.
- Assist in planning and implementing procedures for special Club events and banquet functions.
- Work with the Clubhouse Manager, Executive Chef and Events Coordinator to establish menu prices for a la carte dining and food and beverage outlets.
- Monitor and enforce internal cost control procedures.
- Assist Clubhouse Manager with budgets, staffing, general operating procedures, and strategies for food and beverage operations.
- Monitor the budget and direct corrective action procedures as necessary to help assure that budget goal are attained.
Monitor labor; evaluate scheduled and actual labor hours and costs.
- Assist the Clubhouse Manager in developing and implementing food and beverage operating reports, forecasts and budgets.
- Monitor safety conditions and employee conformance with safety procedures; update
emergency plans and procedures and assure that effective training for these programs are
- Monitor employee dress codes according to policies and procedures.
- Participate in on-going facility inspections throughout the Clubhouse to assure that cleanliness, maintenance, safety and other standards are consistently maintained.
- Ensure correct handling procedures are utilized by staff to minimize china and glassware
breakage and food waste.
- Address member and guest complaints and advise the Clubhouse Manager about appropriate corrective actions.
- Assure that all standard operating procedures for revenue and cost control are in place and
- Ensure that all legal requirements are consistently adhered to including wage and hour and
federal, state and local laws pertaining to alcoholic beverages; assure that all applicable Club policies and procedures are followed.
- Monitor purchasing and receiving procedures for products and supplies to ensure proper
quantity, quality, price, storage and preparation for all food and beverage purchases.
- Manage physical inventory and provide updated information to the accounting department.
- Attend management and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Clubhouse Manager and General Manager.
Additional Responsibilities and Job Requirements:
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to prioritize and multitask.
• Must have the ability to be flexible and adapt to change.
• Maintain a positive attitude and remain professional under pressure.
• Keep abreast of industry trends relative to food & beverage and event operations.
• Absorb suggestions and constructive feedback and communicate with upper
• Take pride in one’s work & strive to better the workplace daily.
• Professional written & verbal communication skills
Competencies and Qualifications
− Two or four-year degree in Hotel, Restaurant and/or Club Management, and/or equivalent
experience in restaurant catering, banquet/event management, hospitality services, sales
coordination and knowledge of fine foods and wine.
− Previous experience supervising and training staff in a upscale dining, food service, or catering environment.
− Knowledge of upscale dining etiquette, service standards, and table set up.
− Required certification: Operator/Bartenders License for the Village of Menomonee Falls