To support the development and application of dairy cultures by planning, conducting and documenting scientific experiments under the supervision of PAE or other scientist.
Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Duties and Responsibilities
- Displays and promotes positive safety behaviors at all times, uses proper personal protective equipment, appropriate safety tools, equipment and procedures that ensure self and others go home safe each day; that area and equipment operate to highest safety levels, that all people in area (maintenance, quality, visitors, contractors, etc.) comply with safety directives and keep area neat and clean.
- Aware of and follows all DSM Life Saving Rules.
- Acts in such a way that safety awareness and accident prevention are considered in performing all tasks.
- Works to SHE standards and encourages fellow colleagues to work to the same standards.
- Maintains area of responsibility in a clean and safe manner. Promptly cleans up work area.
- Plan and conduct experiments in microbiology, molecular biology and product application.
- Support the bulk starter business by qualifying new raw materials in bulk starter media and developing new strains under guidance of a technical lead.
- Participate in multiple Application projects under the functional guidance of technical leads, scientists and PAEs.
- Support lab function by serving as the lab supply requisitioner and helping to maintain laboratory equipment and our sample stock.
- Contribute to knowledge building and retention by evaluating results and writing reports on project work. Actively share learnings.
- Actively participate in problem-solving by analyzing the situation and proposing solutions
- Work with Manufacturing to prepare experimental product samples for customers in compliance with manufacturing GMPs.
- 2 years experience in microbiology desired.
- Experience applying technical knowledge to achieving business objectives.
- Experience developing technical projects and work plans, including ability to identify critical steps, risks and mitigating actions.
- Ability to independently plan experiments within routine areas.
- Ability to document experiments and communicate results both in writing and orally.
- Ability to write SOPs.
- Must exhibit DSM behaviors: Customer and External Focus; Drive for Results; Engage People; Act Responsibly; and Improve, Innovate, and change.
Working for DSM means the opportunity to really contribute to improve people’s lives and solving the challenges of today’s world. Challenging jobs, career opportunities and an inspiring environment allow you to enhance your personal development. DSM recognizes that the on-going success of the company depends on the continued development and engagement of our employees and pursues a fair and competitive remuneration policy, recognizing individual and team competencies and performance.