Cenikor Foundation is a non profit organization and one of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We are currently seeking a PRN cook for our facility in Waco, TX.
Responsible for all kitchen duties including preparing food for clients, following all sanitation and safety regulations as well as maintaining inventory.
SCHEDULE: As Needed
- Prepare meals for clients as scheduled.
- Follow all health codes pertaining to sanitation and safety, including but not limited to how to properly prepare food to avoid food-borne illnesses, cleanliness of work area and cooking utensils, and personal grooming.
- Maintain kitchen inventory, ordering appropriate amounts to make sure necessary ingredients are always on hand without any going to waste, and ensuring everything is stored properly for safety and space efficiency.
- Organize kitchen schedules, plan regular duties such as cleaning, designing menus and making sure cooking activities are coordinated.
- Must understand how to use kitchen equipment, be able to retain certain recipes to ensure consistency, and know how to cook in bulk and maintain portion control without generating waste.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the non-exempt functions as defined in this job description.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Commitment to quality service.
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries with clients.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Good ethical and business standards.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software preferred, including specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor’s Culture:
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and clients
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve goals
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others for success
Please click here to apply: https://cenikorfoundation.applytojob.com/apply/O5O5N93spN/Cook-PRN-Waco-TX-76708?source=iHobnob
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE