· Bachelors Degree or Equivalent Environmental, Health and Occupational Safety or related field
· ASP, CSP, CIH or other related certificates preferred.
· 5-7 years work experience in a manufacturing setting working with environmental, health and safety programs.
· Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
· Strong knowledge of computer software applications.
· Knowledge of OSHA, EPA and DNR regulations.
· Previous Supervisory or Management experience
· Monitor and assist the facility with compliance of all applicable company environmental, safety and health standards as well as federal, state and local regulations.
· Develop compliance plans for air and water permits. Manage WPDES permits.
· Oversee and maintain compliance with PSM program in cooperation with site managers including engineers, maintenance supervisor, plant manager and production manager.
· Develop and maintain company environmental, health and safety programs at the facility.
· Work with the highest ethical standard for legal compliance and demonstrate a true passion for employee safety.
· Manage plant safety, health and loss prevention programs. Develop policies and procedures to ensure that occupational safety and health standards are maintained through the facility.
· Maintain all required environmental, health and safety program records and legal documents.
· Regularly inspect plant for unsafe conditions as they relate to equipment, process and facility.
· Actively participate with plant management teams to develop corrective actions for identified risks. Track corrective actions to completion in accordance with facility tracking programs.
· Conduct new employee EHS orientations. Lead and oversee the monthly EHS training program.
· Schedule and assist the plant with having monthly safety committee meetings.
· In cooperation with area managers and front line supervisors investigate all injuries, environmental releases and serious near misses.
· Immediately report all injuries, environmental releases and serious near misses to Plant Manager.
· Under the direction of the Corporate Director of EHS, participate in special assignments as they relate to corporate EHS audits, new facility pre-startup safety reviews and EHS training programs.
· Actively participate in all safety activities taking place at the facility including safety observations, inspections, training, audits and incident investigations.