This position is responsible for managing the field operations of a whole seed potato farm in beautiful Northern Nebraska. The Farm Manager will represent the organization in the community, execute the annual farm operations, assisting management and agronomy personnel, hire/manage team members, provide leadership to farm team members, and maintain/develop relationships with land owners.
• Perform/coordinate potato crop planting, fertilizing, irrigation, and spray operations.
• Maintain and develop land rent relationships and agreements.
• Direct harvest operations.
• Facilitate the administration of payroll and preparation of time cards.
• Assist in the preparation of an annual farm budget/plan and ensure financial adherence.
• Complete and compile records on crops and land base.
• Oversee potato storage operations.
• Ensure compliance with all state and federal labor laws, agricultural audits, food safety regulations, and workers’ safety.
• Maintain buildings and equipment.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training.
What they offer:
Our client offers excellent benefits, attractive base salary plus bonus, a great boss, and paid relocation.
What you bring:
• Previous farm operations experience including crop planting, farm equipment management, maintenance scheduling, and basic agronomy.
• Previous management experience.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent observation, analysis, and organization abilities.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
3001 S. Vista Ave. # 104