Grouse Hunt Farms, Inc. is the parent company of numerous specialty food brands, some of which have been in business for over 70 years. With the explosion of natural and specialty foods over the years, we have been experiencing rapid growth. Grouse Hunt Farms is looking for a motivated, professional Food Production Manager to join our team and become a key component in ensuring the continued high quality and satisfaction that our customers have come to expect.
The person in this position must be a proactive individual who values attention to detail and accuracy, is flexible, possesses fantastic managerial qualities and works seamlessly with all members of the team. Candidate will be friendly, self-motivated, and able to multi-task with ease. This is a full-time position and includes a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
To oversee and run the daily production needs at Grouse Hunt Farms. The Food Production Leads report to the President of the company and works closely with our Operations Manager and Quality Control Supervisor as well as the entire production team to ensure that all ingredients and materials are on-hand and ready and that all production occurs as scheduled. This position is heavily relied upon to guarantee that the needs of our customers are met timely and accurately. This position will work 12 hour days on a rotating shift schedule and the expectation is that the person filling this role will work closely with the opposite day Food Production Lead to ensure seamless transitions between days.
The Food Production Lead will be empowered to continually improve production with safety, quality and efficiency as the foundation of their approach. This position will be hands on in production, but also needs to assure compliance with FDA regulations, Sanitary Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, SQF and other related, applicable food safety guidelines and regulations, including specific customer specifications.
- Oversee the entire production process for an entire 12 hour shift.
- Ensure a safe, quality-focused and efficient production process.
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset.
- Monitor and manage quality and food safety programs in conjunction with other departments to meet company and regulatory objectives.
- Train and motivate line employees in production and GMP.
- Develop repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety.
- Communicate effectively with employees, vendors and customers.
- Assist with quality control and compliance tests.
- Review quality documentation necessary for regulatory submissions and inspections.
- Participate in team meetings and communications as appropriate.
- Organize and maintain all necessary documents.
- Food processing experience
- Experience dealing with food safety regulatory authorities.
- Training and experience in sanitation and cleaning procedures
- Training with certification and experience in HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, SafeServ, Better Processing School, Lean, Six-Sigma or other Manufacturing Processes
- Strong record keeping skills
- Supervisory experience in a production environment.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Good understanding of the relationship of processing equipment and formulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
- Plus - Bi-lingual; Spanish/English