TriMark USA - Southern Region is one of the nation's largest providers of design and build services, equipment and supplies to the foodservice industry. TriMark offers operators an unrivaled level of customized service by combining the hands-on support and local market knowledge of a strong, regional supplier with the purchasing strength, industry expertise, and delivery capabilities of a national company. We partner with our customers, which include national chains, independent restaurants, healthcare facilities, K-12 and universities, entertainment venues, and many other segments, providing tailored solutions and essential products to operate with greater efficiency and realize better bottom line results. Our aim every day is to serve with excellence, meeting the needs of foodservice professionals so they can achieve their culinary vision.
The Foodservice Equipment Service Technician is responsible for basic-level service, repair, and installation of foodservice equipment at the customer’s location. Position requires an employee who is comfortable frequently interacting with customers.
Our Service team at the Austin, TX location is ready to welcome you!
What can you expect in your work?
You’ll be responsible:
- Assist other Service Technicians with their daily workload
- Handle limited on-call rotations
- Perform simple equipment and accessory installations
- Run mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and test tasks
- Survey safety devices and equipment on a regular basis
- Manage and retain proper equipment, parts inventory, and tools on service vehicle while keeping items in a safe condition for the respective level of service
- Conduct installation, servicing, and repair of food service equipment
- Inspect food service equipment for the purpose of ensuring safety
- Identify necessary repairs and provide ongoing preventative maintenance
- Request equipment, parts, and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensure that necessary tools are available to complete the necessary repair/installation
- Inform management regarding procedures and/or status of work orders for the purpose of providing information for decision making, taking appropriate actions, and/or complying with health and safety regulations
- Call back percentages expected to be less than 10%
- Maintain and takes periodic inventory of parts, materials and components as directed; variance expected to be 2% or less
- Produce timely and detailed service reports to accurately reflect service call conditions
- Reach out to higher Level Techs for troubleshooting or general assistance on a frequent basis
- Use field automation systems (i.e. tablets, cell phones, etc.)
- Operate vehicles in a safe manner
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
- Use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Provide professional service and customer support during reactive service calls/PM’s/installs with clients/customers
- Comprehend customer’s requirements, builds positive relationships, and takes appropriate actions
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
What does TriMark have to offer you:
- Safe and inclusive workplace
- Competitive hourly rate of $20.00 -25.00 / an hour, based on experience
- Paid Time Off and holiday pay
- Full healthcare benefits
- Progressive training
What you will bring:
- eagerness to build relationships and work in teams
- safety mindedness in all that you do
- resilience and grit to keep moving forward
What we like to see in your experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years of experience in commercial installation and/or service and repair of foodservice equipment and kitchen/restaurant equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Acceptable verbal, written and interpersonal skills
TriMark offers a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, 401(k) plan with a matching contribution, Flexible Spending Account, PTO, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
TriMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans.
TriMark participates in E-Verify, a service of DHS and SSA, where required. See the E-Verify notice in English or Español .