Nappi’s IT Manager is responsible for the strategy, planning, management, and operational execution of our technology infrastructure. This position ensures the streamlined and secure operation of Nappi’s technology systems in alignment with business needs and objectives.
This is a hands-on leadership and management position that is accountable for the design, development, implementation, and support of our information and communication systems. Our IT Manager partners with leaders and stakeholders for technology solutions that will improve their ability to manage and grow our business.
· Oversees the installation, maintenance, support, and optimization of Nappi’s technology infrastructure to ensure it is running smoothly, securely, and efficiently.
· Responsible to design, develop, troubleshoot, and maintain AS/400 COBOL applications; provides expertise on available data capability for use in supporting/growing our business and to provide premier service to our customers and suppliers.
· Prepares and configures programs to provide regular and special reporting data; proposes optimization of database query capabilities and implements processes to provide ease of use data for end users.
· Provides technical direction and continuity support for daily operational IT needs to troubleshoot issues and maximize available technology features and options for users; identifies and implements corrective action on recurring issues.
· Proactively analyzes and performs regular monitoring of system security and data back-up methods; develops and documents IT protocols for continuity of operations and data/system recovery plans.
· Partners with leaders and stakeholders to recommend/develop innovative, cost-effective tactical and strategic technology improvements that support business needs aligned with organizational goals.
· Manages technology service suppliers, vendors and outsourcers, including negotiating contracts and service agreements; measures and monitors performance/value of services.
· Plans and manages critical projects to modernize technology resources; establishes and manages project budgets and implementation timelines.
· Monitors and maintains routers, switches, servers, storage, network and security features and other related equipment or services to ensure efficient, secure, and effective functionality.
· Recommends and implements approved IT policies, procedures and best practices.
· Responds timely to "on-call" needs to maintain business operations.