What you will do
As a Packer you will support the day-to-day operations of the Good Eggs Kitchen by carefully packing our amazing prepared meals and food items for our customers.
Full-time and parti-time openings. Our kitchen is open 7 days per week. Shifts and days worked will be determined after hire.
- Examine and inspect containers, materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Mark and label containers, container tags, or products, using marking tools.
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders, using hand tools.
- Place or pour products or materials into containers, using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials.
- Seal containers or materials, according to our standards.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas, using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Load materials and products into staging area so they can be picked.
- Measure, weigh and count products and materials.
- Record product, packaging, and order information on specified forms and records.
- Inventory management tasks.
- Maintain quality of service by following operational standards.
- Supports dishwashing station as needed
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
Who are we looking for?
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Previous food industry pick/pack experience.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to read, measure and maintain accuracy doing repetitive tasks.
- Comfort with a calm but focused environment
What You Will Get:
- Competitive pay.
- Stock options available to employees working 20+ hours.
- Work 30+ hours, and you are benefit eligible. (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Pet, Non-matching 401k)
- Employee discount on groceries.
Why Work For Good Eggs?
- You will be a stockholder!
- Deepen your knowledge of locally produced food by engaging with our producer and eater community.
- Opportunities for growth!
- Most of all - Good Eggs offers an opportunity to use your energy, creativity, and enthusiasm to participate in -building a better food system.
About Good Eggs
Good Eggs is an online market that delivers good groceries to customers' homes throughout the Bay Area, seven days a week.
We’re making it easy for busy people to eat well at home by curating a marketplace full of the best local, organic produce, sustainable meat and fish, and delicious grocery staples. Order your groceries today on our site or iOS app, and they’ll be on your doorstep tomorrow. It’s that simple.
What's driving us to get the best food into the hands of more people? Well, we're on a mission to grow and sustain local food systems worldwide, and our entire passionate and creative team shares a common drive to change the world. If you hear that and think, "Hey! That's me!", please get in touch! We're always looking for like-minded comrades to join the team.