Come join the Boathouse Team. Seeking line cooks for busy environment. Located on the beautiful Connecticut River in South Hadley.
Position Level: Team Member
Directly Reports to: Executive Chef
Summary: Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments by performing the following duties.
Primary Duties: The following are examples only and are not intended to be all inclusive or restrictive; other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission statement and core values of The Bean Restaurant Group.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food from storage.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determine that it is cooked.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings to fill orders.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Assists in putting away all receivables from deliveries.
- Train employees new to the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competency: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner;
- Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback;
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests;
- Supports everyone's efforts to succeed; Recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands;
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure;
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.