Sioux Falls, SD
Our Sioux Falls, SD food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Maintenance Supervisor. Under the direction of the Division Manager, this position is responsible for monitoring the daily maintenance operations, and employees working in the maintenance department. This individual will work as a team player in all levels of the organization to develop, implement and maintain processes that increase the plant’s safety, quality, and production performance. Works directly with leadership team members to complete necessary repairs timely to support the plant’s production processes.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Provide direct supervision and leadership to the maintenance department.
- Provides daily task assignments to maintenance employees and communicates completed repairs to leadership.
- Coordinates a rotational schedule for maintenance employee completion of special projects.
- Actively participate in the following meetings: SQF management review, safety and loss control, quality, staff, and employee training.
- Ensure all maintenance employees are properly trained and certified with the following OSHA requirements: arc flash, aerial lift, confined space, first aid/CPR, fall protection, forklift, hazardous communication – Right To Know, hearing conservation, hot works, lockout/tagout, and general shop safety.
- Frequently review the complete operation of the plant and recommend improvements.
- Conduct routine inspections of equipment and property and report findings to the Division Manager.
- Follow up with plant employees and outside contractors to ensure that work has been completed as approved, within the timeframe indicated, and within the amount allocated.
- Examine and maintain the safe and efficient operations of the plant’s production and packaging equipment.
- Review preventative maintenance schedules, effectiveness, and assignments for continuous improvement.
- Oversee all basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repairs on all plant equipment.
- Maintain cooling water systems.
- Assist the plant’s regulatory manager with sampling and necessary repairs of equipment.
- Must be able to take rotating “on call” leadership coverage to provide weekend assistance.
- Review the maintenance employee’s documents on assignment/scheduling of daily work orders.
- Prepare purchase orders for properly requisitioned items.
- Coordinate with corporate purchasing department to assist with purchasing of supplies, packaging, and other items with company-wide pricing.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Associates degree from two-year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in the maintenance, mechanical maintenance, and/or repair work and/or operation of a process manufacturing facility or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years of supervisory experience, preferably in a maintenance department.
- Prior maintenance experience in the food manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Food manufacturing, material handling and forklift operation experience preferred.
- Prior experience in the dairy or cheese industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SQF, HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA and loss control programs highly desirable.