Lutheran Senior Services is a faith-based, mission-driven not-for-profit network that specializes in enhancing life for seniors, ages 62-plus. With 21 locations in Missouri and Illinois, we offer quality choices and exceptional support for retirement living. Through affordable housing sites, home and community based services, and senior living communities, we provide a person-centered approach to a comprehensive continuum of life choices. Building upon a tradition of excellence for more than 155 years, Lutheran Senior Services is fulfilling its Christian mission of Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest.
The Manager of Dining Services upholds the LSS mission of "Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest" by providing residents a high quality dining program. The Manager of Dining Services plans, organizes, develops and directs staff for a level of community living (IL, AL/RCF or Care Center).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists the Director in the planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing the Dining Department, its programs and activities.
• Coordinates the menu, scheduling of staff, production, cost, etc.
• Develops and maintains a file of tested standard recipes.
• Ensure that all food storage rooms, preparation areas, etc., are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
• Reviews and assists in developing a plan of correction for dining service deficiencies noted during survey inspections.
• Assists the Infection Control Coordinator in identifying, evaluating, and classifying routine and job related dining services functions to ensure that Category I and II Universal Precautions tasks are properly identified.
• Assists in developing, implementing and maintaining ongoing quality assurance programs for the Dining Department. Reviews and checks competence of dining staff and makes necessary adjustments/corrections as needed.
• Visits residents regularly to evaluate the quality of meals served, likes and dislikes.
• Meets with community leadership and nursing staff, as well as other related departments in planning dining service programs and activities.
• Assists in the recruitment, interviewing, and selection of dining staff and develops departmental orientation plan for new staff.
• Schedules department work hours, staff and work assignments to expedite work.
• Coaches and provides feedback to dining staff. Completes and conducts performance appraisals.
• Assists in the development of and participation in the planning, conducting, and scheduling of timely in-service training classes that provide instructions on “how to do the job” and ensures a well-educated dining services department.
• Attends and participates in continuing educational programs designed to keep abreast of changes in profession, as well as to maintain license on a current status.
• Monitors dining service staff to assure that established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies are being followed.
• Conducts all fire safety and disaster preparedness drills in a safe and professional manner and trains staff.
• Assures that stock levels of food, supplies and equipment are maintained at adequate levels. Recommends new equipment.
• Assists the Director in preparing and planning the dining department’s budget for food, equipment, supplies, and labor. Maintains records of department expenditures and other financial records.
• Performs the work of the Director of Dining Services as directed in his/her absence.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and standards.