Our Spencer, Iowa food manufacturing client is looking to hire an Office Coordinator.
- Responsible for preparing the employee biweekly payroll.
- Review employee timecards for completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinate paid time off (PTO) requests from request to approval for timely processing.
- Track and report absenteeism.
- Enter new employee transactions, changes in personnel status, and terminated employee transactions.
- Provide administrative support for benefits by assisting with the efficient processing and tracking of benefits enrollment, changes, and terminations. Prepares benefit documentation for new hires, enters benefits related information in HRIS system and ensures the integrity of all submitted documents through verification and investigation.
- Assist human resources with employee disability, FMLA, and workers' compensation leaves/claims. Coordinates return-to-work and light duty efforts.
- Assist with audits and resolve discrepancies.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and handling time clock issues.
- Coordinates and assists with onboarding new employees, new hire paperwork and training.
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Prepare and analyze payroll information and reports
- Communicate and interact positively, effectively and respectfully with internal and external customers.
- Acts as an UltiPro resource for employees and responds to employee/supervisor questions regarding payroll issues. Answers questions and facilitates resolution to payroll discrepancies.
- Understand the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and apply the pay practices, benefits, leave, and discharge language according to the CBA.
- Process weekly and biweekly payroll
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Associates Degree in human resources or related field, preferred with emphasis in human resources, business management, or related field, or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Two to four years relevant work experience preferred.
- Experience with ERP systems. JDE or Oracle preferred