Under the direction of supervisor, The Apache Greyhound Park Cook prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
• Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines
• Retrieves all necessary items for preparation
• Prepares food stations
• Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly manner
• Labels, dates and wraps food products, adhering to ServSafe procedures
• Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures; including all health codes and sanitation regulations.
• Properly measures and portions all food items; complies with all portion sizes, quality standards; packages all products to proper specifications
• Prepares food to specifications with minimal spillage and breakage
• Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner
• Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items
• Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly
• Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
• Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked
• Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
• Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet
• Assist with inventory responsibilities
• Performs other duties assigned