Our food manufacturing company is searching for a Process Engineer in the Decorah, IA area. This Engineer will support existing manufacturing processes to ensure quality, safety and economic viability.
- Lead and or support engineering projects at the facility including ensuring their success in meeting various objectives such as scheduling and budgeting.
- Consult with contractors, vendors and/or suppliers to finalize engineering project spec and/or installations.
- Work with current processes and machinery.
- Meet with customers to ensure needs are being met.
- Find and determine the relevant path forward and justified by business objectives.
- Ensure a safe working environment and help assess and minimize risks to the company in all areas such as health, safety, environment, quality, ethics and customer service.
- Work with current processes and machines to get products through spray and roll drying.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- 2+ years of Process Engineering experience in applying engineering principles and processes in a food processing or industrial setting.
- Food manufacturing plant experience required.
- Must be willing to be a very hands-on Engineer.
- Knowledge of equipment, production and packaging processes.
- Knowledge of ISO, QSR/GMP and quality processes and procedures preferred.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams on projects.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
Process Engineer, engineering projects, drying, spray drying, facility, objectives, scheduling, budgeting, suppliers, customer needs, contractors, vendors, engineering principles, food manufacturing