Why Sauer Brands
Strong History, Solid Future
Founded in 1887, Sauer Brands Inc. has been at the forefront in its industry. Today, we offer an exceptional suite of products to consist of mayonnaise, pourable salad dressings, condiments, sauces, spices, extracts and flavorings. Our celebrated products consist of Duke’s Mayonnaise, Spice Hunter and Sauer Brands.
Sauer Brands, Inc. is seeking an individual with a great work ethic, attitude and integrity to join our dynamic team.
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for the effective management of several production lines function and activity for the Richmond Plant, including effectively managing production activities, departmental processes, procedures, and employees to meet assigned workloads and meet production schedules. The Production Supervisor will work closely with the other Production Supervisors to meet the overall department needs. The Production Supervisor will report to the Production Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee assigned plant production lines as designated by the Production Manager.
- Be a versatile leader that is functional across the entire plant floor. Leads by example.
- Support initiatives for improvement in plant performance using established methods. Participate in daily plant management meetings. Develop direct reports to utilize and effectively use performance data to drive improvement. Report on direction of areas of responsibility and actions being taken as well as driving factors to influence actions on a weekly basis.
- Direct employees to balance production needs with labor cost.
- Ensure compliance with Safety Standards and promote a safe work environment. Participate in Safety Committee as needed.
- Identifies performance issues and provides guidance, coaching and progressive discipline as needed.
- Support training using a training platform to expose operators to proper operational methods on equipment as well as required GMP and safety training.
- Interact with Quality, Maintenance and Production Manager to resolve issues with production and products.
- Monitor line equipment for functionality, safety and cleanliness. Perform daily GMP and sanitation audits. Address any found issues.
- Seek opportunities to improve upon current operational efficiency, quality and safety.
- Assist in investigation of quality complaints to determine cause. Works with Production Manager to implement corrective actions from such investigations within the department.
- Works with HR to drive recruitment and hiring of qualified employees, monitor and review employee performance and attendance. Ensure all HR related polices are being followed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:Successful Attributes:
- Ability to give and receive thorough instructions and communicate effectively with all levels of company structure to achieve understanding of expectations and direction of the department.
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis in MS Office and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of production and ability to lead, develop, train, and motivate workforce while at the same time ensuring a healthy work environment and a high level of employee engagement.
- Excellent problem solving skills and hands on approach.
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hours a day in manufacturing environment.
What Is In It For You?
Our company acknowledges talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement and Training
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Insurance
- Other Voluntary Insurance Options
Sauer Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, disability, national origin, veteran, other protected status or any other basis prohibited by law.