Quality Assurance Director - 2016
Our client is a New England based food products company who has been in business over 50 years. They have multiple plants and a Quality Assurance Director position is open at their largest facility. The QA Managers from all plants will report directly to the Director of QA. This is a level lll SQF certified facility. Great quality of life opportunity. Live in a beautiful rural area and work for a company with the values of Respect, Teamwork, Transparency, Ownership, Passion, and Integrity!
• Direct and supervise the QA Managers at four plant locations.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of human capital in the QA Department.
• Manage the planning and execution of product testing efforts.
• Provide leadership, direction and guidance to manufacturing plant employees by understanding regulatory, customer, and company requirements, policies, and procedures.
• Oversight of QA Systems to include CIP and COP Programs, HACCP administration and training.
• Support of Quality Systems including product testing, process verification, external auditing and environmental microbiological monitoring.
• Facilitate team meetings and on the floor leadership to direct and guide problem solving.
• Travel to all four manufacturing plants, aging warehouses, or suppliers as necessary.
Attractive compensation, bonus earnings, full benefits and relocation provided.
• Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, food science, or related science discipline. Extensive equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
• 10+ years’ of QA experience in a dairy manufacturing environment. Dairy experience is a must. Cheese manufacturing is a big plus!
• Experience in managing and direction QA functions in multiple sites.
• Working knowledge of State Department of Agriculture, USPH, FDA, and USDA regulatory requirements.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw sound conclusions, and provide solutions.
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently to influence, communicate and effect positive change.
3001 S. Vista Ave. # 104