Why Sauer Brands
Strong History, Solid Future
Founded in 1887, Sauer Brands Inc. has been at the forefront in its industry. Today, we offer an exceptional suite of products to consist of mayonnaise, pourable salad dressings, condiments, sauces, spices, extracts and flavorings. Our celebrated products consist of Duke’s Mayonnaise, Spice Hunter and Sauer Brands.
Are you passionate about quality control? Sauer Brands Inc., is seeking a Quality Control Assistant Supervisor to join our expanding team. The incumbent will assist the Quality Control Manager in ensuring the Food Safety and Quality of all products manufactured at Sauer Brands, Inc. In addition, the Quality Control Assistant Supervisor will help ensure the facility and all products comply with all applicable food laws and customer requirements. The Quality Control Assistant Supervisor will provide support to Product Development, Sales, and Operations.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in ensuring the facility and employees meet requirements for SQF Certification. This includes preparing for inspections, conducting employee training, conducting internal inspections, and implementing corrective actions.
- Assist in the investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective action for any food safety plan and HACCP plan deviations.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the food safety plans and all other requirements set forth by the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining all quality and prerequisite programs.
- Assist with customer and 3rd party audits.
- Conduct internal audits, including monthly GMP audits and Glass/Brittle Plastic audits. This is to include the necessary documentation of corrective actions.
- Verification and Validation of sanitation procedures through documented visual inspection and testing.
- Work with all departments to ensure internal, customer, third party, and regulatory requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the investigation and root cause analysis for customer complaints.
- Assist in maintaining supplier documentation.
- Assist in providing facility information and documentation to customers.
- Provide support to QC technicians.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Excellent computer skills with emphasis on MS Office and Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and hands on approach
- Self-starter, motivated, self-driven
What Is In It For You?
Our company acknowledges talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan
Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
Flexible Spending Accounts
Tuition Reimbursement and Training
Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
Voluntary Disability Insurance
Other Voluntary Insurance Options
Sauer Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, disability, national origin, veteran, other protected status or any other basis prohibited by law.