Brand New Meat Processing facility in Suffolk County is looking for an experienced Quality Control Specialist.
General Function: The individual in this position will be involved with all aspects of Quality and Food Safety to ensure a safe, quality product made to our specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspecting all meat & meat products and review daily samples of all production runs.
- Monitor quality of product compared to company specification and alert production and management of issues.
- Monitor temps and other HACCP related measures to ensure compliance.
- Ensuring that the facility operation and meat processing team will deliver continually improving results in the areas of safety, product quality, process productivity and team development.
- Providing management and owner with production summaries, by recording production data; answering questions and responding to requests.
- Recording product, packaging and order information on forms and records.
- Implement and monitor daily Sanitation SOP and record findings and any corrective actions
- Complete daily quality control paperwork and ensure it is complete prior to filing.
- Ability to work under time constraints and be flexible in hours worked.
- Performs pre-operational sanitation checks on equipment as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
Experience Required to Perform Job:
· Minimum of 2 years of successful experience in various leadership roles in the processing of meat products.
· Experience with the operation and maintenance of hand or power tools, mixers and meat grinders to prepare sausages, hotdogs, luncheon meats and other types of meat products.
· Experience with the operation of casing-running machines that grind the meat and stuff it into the sausage casings.
· Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
· Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance OSHA/Safety, FSIS/USDA, and EPA/Environmental. Responsible for FSQ.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Based on experience
- Quality Control: 2 years (Required)