Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
IMMEDIATELY HIRING for Refrigeration Technicians!
If you are looking for a stable manufacturing career, then join our winning team!
Great Pay and Benefits!
The Refrigeration Technician's role is to accomplish the continuous effective freezing and frozen storage of food products and ingredient materials and cooling of the physical plant buildings through the effective and efficient operation, maintenance, and repair of all plant ammonia and nitrogen refrigeration systems and associated freezers, air conditioning, and chilled water systems.
The scope of this position will include actual operation of the various systems, preventive maintenance, and mechanical and electrical repair. Contribute to the profit and well-being of the Company by performing tasks in a safe, efficient, quality-conscious, and cost-conscious manner and by working in a cooperative manner with his/her supervisor and co-workers.
Using prior training and application of that training to specific Company equipment, maintains and repairs assigned machine systems. Performs specific preventive maintenance, operating, mechanical and electrical repair, troubleshooting, and other tasks and techniques to keep equipment in operational condition to meet production and storage needs.
· Keeping logs and other information on operating results and problems
· Analyzing information to determine preventive maintenance plan
· Troubleshooting problems to appropriate solution and physically repairing equipment
· Using common maintenance hand tools and specialty tools to repair and maintain equipment
· Inspecting equipment by sight and sound, and reading gauges and other measuring devices on a routine basis to assure optimum operating condition
· Reading equipment manuals, blueprints and other sources of information to build knowledge and assure appropriate operation and repair of equipment
· Ordering parts and supplies to maintain or rebuilding equipment
· Maintaining all work areas in a clean manner in line with plant requirements of Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Applies all safe work practices and uses all personal safety equipment required in performing tasks to assure his/her own safety and that of co-workers; works in a safe manner at all times; performs tasks within guidelines of good maintenance techniques and applicable codes.
· Applies all GMP requirements, both personal hygiene and housekeeping, associated with these tasks. Keeps work area clean at all times, in line with plant procedures on housekeeping, waste water, and solids management.
· Applies all product safety and quality requirements associated with the process at assigned positions.
· Identifies problems associated with assigned systems on an on-going basis through collection of data, tracking downtime, and personal inspection and determines if solution is within his/her training and knowledge
· Develops and maintains a good working relationship with Team Coordinator and other managers, team members, and other co-workers. Resolves problems and conflicts in an acceptable manner that shows respect for the other person(s).
· Cooperates and shows commitment to team goals and efforts; attends team meetings and participates in them to the best of his/her ability.
· Follows plant rules and policies and Company code of ethics in performing job.
· Assists in orienting and/or training other team members on assigned tasks as requested.
· Uses electrical, pipe fitting, pneumatics, and hydraulics skills to assist or support other maintenance technicians as time allows or plant needs require.