Why Sauer Brands
Strong History, Solid Future
Founded in 1887, Sauer Brands Inc. has been at the forefront in its industry. Today, we offer an exceptional suite of products to consist of mayonnaise, pourable salad dressings, condiments, sauces, spices, extracts and flavorings. Our celebrated products consist of Duke’s Mayonnaise Spice Hunter and Sauer Brands.
Overall Goal of Position:
Supervise the second shift sanitation team to meet Sauer Brands, Inc. objectives for cleaning, quality, efficiency, cost, safety and customer satisfaction and help make OurRecipe@SauerBrands:
- What are we making?
- A safer, stronger, more sustainable Sauer Brands that forges a prosperous future for our families
- Why are we making it?
- To excite and delight our customers with inspired flavors
- How do we make it? With
- Executional Excellence
- Where are we going? / What does our “product look like?
- One of the most respected food companies on the planet, known for our passion, expertise, and relentless pursuit of excellence.
The Sanitation supervisor will manage the day-to-day sanitation activities for food processing operations to meet GMP objectives, lead the sanitation team and ensure safety of all employees, and comply with established regulations for food safety and sanitation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the daily activities of sanitation staff, provides instructions and feedback to ensure that cleaning for machinery, equipment and facilities are in accordance with operations standards and compliance regulations.
- Holds working staff accountable for ensuring that cleaning is maintained in accordance with the established timeframe and that product quality is met.
- Provides working staff with constant communication, guidance, coaching and support necessary to perform their jobs effectively and accurately.
- Provides positive role model by demonstrating an enthusiastic and respectful approach toward department.
- Assists in the production and cleaning schedules and makes recommendations or changes required to complete without sacrificing quality and sanitation requirements.
- Maintains Master Sanitation Schedule, issues work orders to the workforce to comply with the required cleaning frequency and keeps documentation of same.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency regulations (SSOP, GMP, OSHA, etc.)
- Performs necessary swabbing and testing to verify chemical concentrations and cleaning efficacy.
- Minimizes disruptions by ensuring operations and cleaning inside and outside run smoothly and efficiently.
- Identifies and resolves material and equipment problems, using available resources to maintain cleaning and quality.
- Culture Building
- Drives a safety culture in the workforce. Monitors and ensures that workplace conditions are safe, that safety procedures are being followed and appropriate PPE is used. Identifies and corrects safety issues if possible or stops work and reports issues until safe conditions can be restored.
- Support Our Recipe by demonstrating a positive, team-oriented and customer focused attitude.
What We Are Looking For:
- Personal Characteristics
- Professional Demeanor
- Entrepreneurial drive and the desire to “build a business”
- Passionate, outgoing, energetic, and results oriented personality
- Overall confidence in one abilities and comfortable communicating the facts
- Smart, creative and inquisitive
- Character and Integrity-Does the right thing even when no one is looking
- Disciplined approach, and accountable for KPIs
- No excuses mindset. Accountable and reliable
- Dependable team player with positive attitude
- Determination/Grit-Pursuit of Excellence
- Passion for organization, and attention to details
- Personal values that mesh with SBI values
- Performance History
- Documented history of making improvements in assigned work area/responsibilities
- Stellar references based on contributions and performance
- Demonstrated proficiency in the following Areas
- Tech savvy (ability to enter data and communicate on various platforms)
- Ability to work and thrive under time constraints and juggle/prioritize responsibilities
- Strong teamwork skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Education & Experience:
- A four year College Degree (preferred) or a high school diploma or general education degree
- A minimum of five years sanitation supervisory work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and safe handling procedures; sanitation techniques and procedures; quality concepts and cleaning and production scheduling
What Is In It For You?
Our company acknowledges talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K plan
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Vacation, Sick Days and Holidays
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement and Training
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance
- Voluntary Disability Insurance
- Other Voluntary Insurance Options
Sauer Brands, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, gender, disability, national origin, veteran, other protected status or any other basis prohibited by law.