Join the pack! We are seeking a goal driven, detail oriented Sanitation Lead that is passionate about helping animals be happy and healthy. The sanitation position involves disassembling, cleaning, sanitizing and re-assembling equipment, and general cleaning of food manufacturing and production line to ensure sterilization. With long-term benefits, competitive wages, and a fun environment, we make work a pleasure to go to. Be part of our team and apply today!
- Disassemble and reassemble production machinery using appropriate procedures for safe operation
- Clean and sanitize interior equipment with standards set by USDA - State and Federal regulations
- Ensure correct order of equipment and production lines to ensure same order reassembling
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly cleaning requirements of facility and equipment
- Maintains records and daily logs
- Uses pot-washer, pressure washers, and other mechanical aids to perform sanitary function. May use various tools to disassemble and reassemble equipment.
- Read chemical labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for proper chemical handling
- Working in an organized fashion to ensure that operations are cleaned and set up for production start times.
- Follow all documented procedures
- Other duties, responsibilities and/or tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
- The ability to read, write, and understand English - bilingual in Spanish is advantage
- The ability to work in a team environment in a positive manner of respect, cooperation & flexibility
- A good work ethic and ability to work independently
- Must comply with OSHA
- The ability to lift 40 pounds repeatedly
- The ability in prolonged standing and repetitive bending
- The ability to maintain a fast pace and follow directions
- Great attendance - must have transportation
- Prior food processing experience preferred
Who We Are
Join us in the movement to ensure longer and healthier lives for dogs and cats. JustFoodForDogs is breaking new ground in the world of pet food! Vet-developed and recommended, we started cooking our whole food; human-grade, nutritionally balanced meals in Newport Beach in 2010 and we now have over 50 locations in WA, CA, IL, NY, NJ and with continuing growth plans! We have recently contracted with Petco, with over 1,000 Petco stores holding our products. We offer best in class benefits, health, dental, vision, 401k, Pet Insurance and Employee Discounts on our food and supplements. Learn more about what we do at www.justfoodfordogs.com.