FOH Floor Managers
Front of House
FLSA Non-Exempt, Hourly Employee
As a team member of the Gjelina Group, every role is key in our mission to consistently create thoughtfully nuanced experiences for guests in each of our locations. We ask all of our team members to participate in knowledgeable and respectful communication with guests and each other, coming to work with a desire to learn and work together. Each position in our team requires teamwork, a flexible schedule, an ability to stay calm within a busy environment, the ability to multitask and stay organized.
The Server is the main point of contact with guest interaction. The Server maintains the attitude and energy of bistro service while cultivating a fine dining experience with exceptional food and beverage knowledge. Passion for hospitality and food leads their ability to navigate guest interaction and service with grace.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Job:
- Report for duty on time, clocking in for your shift using the timeclock
- Manage your time including taking rests and meal breaks in compliance with New York Labor Law; keeping managers informed when you leave the floor
- Maintain high standards of appearance and hygiene at all times, that includes clean hair, nails, and no heavy perfumes or colognes
- Adhere to all health, safety, alcohol control and sanitation protocols
- Know our regulars and encourage new guests to become regulars by establishing a rapport that includes the guests' likes and dislikes
- Organize, clean, and maintain all server stations
- Clearly communicate with all service staff and management throughout your shift to ensure smooth and efficient service
- Prepare the floor for opening and closing of each shift; stocking, cleaning, preparing
- Attend to guest needs throughout the dining room; coursing food orders and sending through the POS
- Run food, drinks, and bus tables in your section throughout service
- Complete all assigned side work pre and post shift
- Attend trainings and pre-shift meetings
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of the cocktail menu and wine list, assisting guests with ingredient knowledge, pairings, etc.
- Responsible for in-depth knowledge of food menu and ingredients in each dish, vendors and farmers, etc.
- Responsible for communicating all guest allergies with a manager
- Fully understand the floorplan, table numbers, and seat positions of the entire venue
- Supporting the management team in all aspects of in-house service and events
- To maintain a high customer service focus by approaching your job with our guests' satisfaction always in mind.
- To have a positive impact, taking responsibility and initiative to resolve issues, always clearly communicating with both guests and your colleagues.
- To be decisive, accepting responsibility for making things happen, thinking ahead and developing contingency plans (while ensuring that you have the support to get the job done).
- To be motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve your performance.
- To be flexible, responding quickly and positively to changing environments.
- To maintain high team focus by strong leadership, showing cooperation, and support to colleagues in the pursuit of department goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and proactive with a strong attention to detail
- Full knowledge of all in-house food and beverage menus
- Ability to use all relevant items of equipment
- Understanding, knowledge, and ability to comply with safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Ability to use the restaurant point of sale system
- Ability to prioritize work activities, provide accurate information and assistance to any management or colleagues' request in a timely and courteous manner
- Ability to keep calm when faced with any unusual situations
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Must be able stand, lift, bend, and walk for extended periods of time (8-12 hours)
- Must be able to move, pull, push, carry or lift up to 50 pounds on occasion and 30 pounds regularly
- Must be able to climb sets of stairs, repetitively, throughout a shift
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands regularly and in frequent or repetitive motions
- Must be able to reach items at varying height levels (on shelves, on ground, etc.)
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
- Must be able to work in conditions of environmental exposure to cold, heat, water, and cleaning materials.
- Must be able to remain focused in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule inclusive of varying shifts such as days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Alcohol Training Awareness Program
- Sexual Harrasment Training
- Must understand how to abide by the rules of the Department of Health related to Food Service and Employee + Guest Safety
THE GJELINA GROUP HAS CREATED A CLIMATE OF PURPOSEFUL INCLUSION, AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE ALL CAN FEEL AFFIRMED,SAFE, VALUED AND GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO THRIVE WITHIN THE COMPANY. WE APPRECIATE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THE DIVERSITY OF HUMANITY,A DIVERSITY WHICH INCLUDES DIFFERENCES IN ,SEX,AGE,RACE,ETHNICITY AND NATIONAL ORIGIN,RANGE OF ABILITIES,SEXUAL ORIENTATION,GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, FINANCIAL MEANS, EDUCATION AND POLITICAL PERSPECTIVE. THESE BELIEF AND PRACTICES APPLY TO ALL OF THE ACTIVITIES OF OUR BUSINESS INCLUDING DECISIONS FOR CAREER OPPORTUNITIES OR EMPLOYMENT.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.